Friday, July 19, 2013

Elder Hald's 2nd Week at the MTC, Provo, Utah

Elder Hald and his companion, Elder Allgaier

The Book of Mormon in Albanian.  I think I actually recognize the word for Christ, but that's it.  Anybody recognize anything else?

Elder Hald with his friend from high school, Elder Acheson.  They do look like cousins!

Here is Elder Hald's letter this week:
Dear family and friends
 
I finished my second week here yesterday. I just keeps getting better and better. The language is still crazy hard, but I have learned a lot. I am having a blast teaching in albanian. It is really hard, but I feel the spirit helping whenever I am at a loss of words. I am loving my district. I forgot to say that the name of my companion is Elder Allgaier. He is an amazing elder. He is really good at making people laugh. He is our district leader. Elder Acheson is the district leader for the other district.
 
I found out that one of my teachers is friends with sister Leit. The sister missionary that went to my mission and came back like a year or so.
 
It is kind of crazy because tonight my companion and I are doing TRC in Albanian! after that we are teaching 2 times the next day and then 1 more time the day after that. Also all of these lessons we cannot use our notebooks. we have to do it all from what we know in our heads. So basically, it will be very interesting.
 
My testimony has grown a lot this week. I am feel empowered from on high. the tender mercies of the Lord flows like a river into my heart. The veil is very thin when you are on a mission. I never feel alone. I know that I am surrounded by guardian angels every day. I testify that when you are serving the Lord, His angels will be on your right and left side guiding and protecting you from evil. When you put Him first, He will put you first also. If you draw nearer to Him, He will draw nearer to you. I cannot refrain from weeping of joy. His love and influence is too great. My Savior is my Master and only to Him will I obey. I hope that all of you can feel God's infinite love for you. If not, I will testify to you that He loves you. Seek Him if you feel He is far because He is never far away. He waits for us to let Him into our lives. His kindness shall never depart from thee.
Keep the faith. fight a good fight. never surrender to anything less than godliness.
I say these things in the sacred name of our beloved Savior, Jesus Christ, amen.
 
Sincerely
 
Elder Jonathan Hald

No comments:

Post a Comment