Saturday, August 10, 2013

Week 3 -- July 25, 2013

Dear family and friends.
 
 This week has been wonderful. I has also been really hard. I had my first TRC experience last thursday. It was really fun to talk to a returned missionary from there. He was very good at Albanian. He even had a perfect Albanian accent. My Shokuim (companion) and I are now teaching in albanian 7 times a week. It is really crazy at times. We do not have any time to prepare so we have to rely on the Lord completely.
Some of our lessons were really good and others... well let us just say that we did not understand our investigator so it got a little weird when we were having him act out his words in order for us to understand. It was quiet funny at times.
The language is still really hard. Everyday is a very humbling experience. Nevertheless, the Lord showers me with his mercy, letting me learn the language, step by step. I am very grateful for all the support I am recieving. I can feel your the prayers helping me through my days here. I can say that I am anxious to get to Albania. 9 weeks in the MTC in a very long time. We need it for sure, but we are all ready to go out into the field.
I hope you are all doing well. I would love to hear from you all. mail is always exciting on a mission.
 
Fear not man, for they cannot hurt thee. God shall never fail thee. Always let your heart be full of praise and love.
 
Sincerely
 
Elder Jonathan Hald 
 
Elder Hald's own description of the above picture: "Just me happy."


No comments:

Post a Comment