Sunday, August 25, 2013

Week 7 at the Provo MTC, August 22, 2013

Elder Hald's captions:  "I found Chloe I mean Sister Williams after the Tuesday devotional for missionaries."
Elder Hald's captions: "Picture of the two sisters going to Albania on their mission. the
rest of us are elders. (There are 12 elders)"
Elder Hald's captions: "This is one of our MTC teachers and I.  This was his last day."


Dear Family and Friends

This week has been a great week. It has also been a great trial of faith. I became really sick again. I was getting  about 1 and a half hour of sleep each night for about a week and a half. I was having chest pains and coughing up blood at night so I decided to go the the doctor last Monday. I was told by the doctor that I had a serious sinus infection and bronchitis. He gave me some prescription meds that should help. Well they did help. I am starting to feel better now. I know that this was a Tender mercy of the Lord. I know that because I was able to draw closer to my Heavenly Father. I was praying a lot more when I was in pain. My nights turned into long prayers that lasted till I would be so fatigued from coughing that I would get a little rest. It was not a fun experience to feel that pain, but I would not trade it for anything. I truly felt that there were angels bearing me up and comforting me. I know that there was angels by not only from what I felt, but I had a second witness. Last Sunday Brother Taylor from the branch presidency told us that when Elder Holland dedicated West Campus MTC He promised and commanded that there be angels standing at each door and window of the MTC. My heart burned when he said this for I knew that it was true. I have felt these angels help me my whole time here at the MTC. Especially, the last week and a half. I am so grateful for this experience Heavenly Father has given me. I will never be able to pray the same way again. Since this week my prayers have become more sincere and more of a two way communication with my Father in Heaven. I truly feel that I am having a conversation with Him. I hear Him answer me and I respond to Him. I feel and hear Him tell me things that I need to know at that time. Words cannot say how wonderful it is to hear your Father in Heaven speak words of comfort to thee. It is so powerful that you will fall to your kneels and weep tears of joy. I do not know what I have done to be able to receive the things I received from on high. All I know is that I will forever be in His debt and I will serve Him with all my heart for the rest of my life. I want to be able to say at the judgement day, "Lord, I have done my very best to serve thee all my days." 
I love being a missionary. There is no place I would rather be. 

Sincerely
Elder Jonathan Hald

No comments:

Post a Comment